Open calls for entry are listed here when available. See our event calendar to see a full list of programs, announcements, and special events.
Have questions about the jury process? Please email Curator, Eriq Hochuli
Golden History Museum & Park Call for Artists
Golden History Museum & Park invites Golden-area artists to submit artworks for consideration for a small solo exhibition in the Museum’s Salon gallery from the 2023 season.
- Must be a professional, practicing artist who lives or works in the Golden/Jefferson County area
- Artworks should be inspired by or reflective of the landscape, people, history, or culture of the region
- 2D or 3D works are accepted. 3D works must be wall mounted.
- Artwork must be framed or prepared exhibit-ready.
- Exhibit space features 32 linear hanging feet
- Typical exhibit runs are 3-4 months
- Artwork may be sold, but GHM&P does not handle sales at this time. Artists must furnish a price list with preferred contact information.
- Label information must be provided by the artist. The artist can work with museum staff to produce and install labels.
- Artists must provide an artist bio and short statement
- Artists are encouraged to create a blog post for the Museum’s website
- Additional promotional materials and opportunities can be coordinated with museum staff
- Participating artists will receive a $250 honorarium
- Send 6-8 images of the work with title, dimension, media, and year to email@example.com.
Entry Deadline: 11/11/22
2023 Members’ Show
Foothills Art Center is pleased to announce the call for our annual exhibition featuring the diverse artistic talents and techniques of our artist members. The FAC exhibition staff will
jury artwork to select an exhibition that features engaging and creative content along with the highest level of craftsmanship.
Special Announcement for 2023 Only:
The show will be sharing the East Gallery with the Power of Process Student Show this year and therefore will be drastically reduced in scope. Much of 2023 will be a transitional time for out exhibitions department as we prepare to make the move to The Astor House. Selections will be limited by about half compared to a normal one, but we plan to back up to full strength in 2024.
- Open to current members of FAC. If you are not a current member of FAC you may become one through the www.foothillsartcenter.org/join website PRIOR TO ENTRY.
- $15 entry fee. Up to 3 works may be entered, with a maximum of 1 selected.
- All media are eligible, including alternative media.
- Artwork must be:
- For sale – FAC retains a 40% commission on art sales
- Original (no reproductions, exceptions made for digital works )
- Not previously shown at FAC
- 2D work must be suitably framed and have all hardware ready for hanging – all other work must be installation ready with instructions if necessary.
- There is no size restriction but larger works will be accessed for effective use of scale.
Entry Deadline: 11/20/22
ENTERING EXHIBITIONS ONLINE THROUGH CAFÉ
CaFÉ (which stands for Call for Entry) is one of the more popular websites for entering exhibitions online, and it’s the one that FAC uses for all of our juried exhibitions. We even make it less expensive to apply through CaFÉ – plus, we give you longer to apply!
One of the best things about CaFÉ is that they have great step-by-step instructions to help you use their website. Learn how to apply to calls for entry using CaFÉ. They make it very easy to set up a profile, search for opportunities, and apply to exhibitions.