Job Title: Ceramics Studio Coordinator (posted September 25, 2023)
This is an onsite, part-time position. The Ceramics Studio Coordinator will assist in the supervision of the activities of the Ceramics Studio and classrooms. They are responsible for keeping facilities clean and operational and will oversee the safe use of equipment and materials, and enforce regulations and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff and Studio Administration
- Assist the Curator of Education by organizing and overseeing daily operation/labor of the Ceramics facilities. Monitor and maintain the ceramics studio.
- Maintain studio procedures, firing schedules, glaze mixing, equipment authorizations, and supply inventories.
- Act as primary supervisor in the operation and maintenance of ceramics facilities, including kiln loading/unloading, firing, general maintenance/upkeep, glaze and clay mixing, supply inventory, and general cleanliness.
- Assist in the supervision of the activities of the Ceramics studio during evening and weekend hours as needed. Support the Curator of Education in maintaining the facilities and performing daily maintenance procedures.
- Equipment and Facilities Management
- Assist the Curator of Education with the maintenance and replacement of all equipment and supplies within the department, including clay and glaze chemicals, electric kilns, potter’s wheels, clay mixers, extruders, slab rollers, department furniture, and small tools and equipment.
- Assist in the supervision of equipment, tools, chemicals, and materials. Enforce policy and authorize faculty and staff in the safe operation and best practices. Communicate studio policies and safety information to students, faculty, and staff.
- Respond to urgent/emergency studio concerns in an on-call capacity in conjunction with the Curator of Education.
- Demonstrate experience in carrying out the above activities to the highest standards.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and lift up to 40lbs. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Good project management and communication skills.
- Technically proficient in running a ceramics studio.
Rate of Pay: $18/hour with an average of 20 hours a week.
This application has been closed.